Monday, August 20, 2012

Get Like Me Get Money Gang- Group Bio

I had the pleasure to work with a group out of West Columbia. I chose their song "Girl I see you watching" for the Banger of the Week. Now This group has bless stages around the Columbia area. At Pure Ultra Lounge and more places. Welcome SC and World: Get Like Me Get Money Gang!





 GET LIKE ME GET MONEY GANG
was founded back in 2006... it was just a dream.
in 2011, the dream came true..."REALITY"

the struggle of my success, the blood, the sweat and the tears...is a whole other story within itself... but now i struggle for my team, our motto, LIVE GREAT, DIE GREATER! L.G.D.G.

Raymond Brown III aka Tre'Juan So Gucci Brown founded the GLMGMG in 2006...
back then everyone looked at it as a joke, now, outsiders look at it as a way out the hood.

The main members of "THE STARZ" consist of, Dapree Johnson aka Lil Pree 20yrs old, Jeremy "Krook" Williams 23yrs old, Santana "Baby Cheeks" Brown aka Mz C.O.A. 19yrs old, Shanae Mincey aka Miiz Nae Badd, Johnathan Francis aka J Francis 27yrs old, and last but not least Tre'Juan So Gucci Brown 26yrs old.
The list continues with the members, Christina Roman aka Lady C', Brinton Brown aka G-Fat, Josh Brown aka Jblow, Whitney Lauren aka K.O., Amber "Baby Phat Azz" Jones, Tiyanna Kirby, Anthony "Shawty Ant" Brown Charlotte "Mz Judy" Brown, Chad "Tripple C" Carter, Shad stomp G, Harmon and many more...


It’s a different sound; music that everyone can relate to no matter the age, and no matter the gender, and the music is shows its diversity due to the different perspectives. We have the beautiful classy model, SANTANA BROWN all the way to the Hood Diva, Shanae Mincey. We have the laid back Panamanian lover spitting in Spanish on the tracks Johnathan Francis, to the laid back gangsta that will possibly steal ya chick & run ya pockets, Jeremy williams. Then we got "MY HEAD HUNTER" Dapree Johnson that will eat any rapper for breakfast, lunch, & dinner, punch a baby in the face, and trip up blind people...and then you have TreJuan So Gucci Brown, "The Entertainer"

...But entertain who was the question?... At first it was just ourselves as amusement, until we realized... We are the best...


 

 


WHY WE DO MUSIC, AND OUR INSPIRATIONS?

LADY C'-What inspires me to do music? Everything I have been through, my struggles, my blessings. Seeing other people struggle and not knowing how to cope with it; above all, my mother.
Why do I want to pursue a music career...? Well it’s how I express myself; it’s how I deal with all my problems hurt pain and happiness. I want to do it for other people who go through or have went through what I have but don’t have the voice to speak. I want to be able to change people’s lives through music, let it be a source of outlet for people without a voice. I want to let the world know they can be anything they want to be regardless of the way they talk or dress or what they look like as long as they have faith in what they do . People gone hate and people love you, you just got to keep ya head up though the storm.

Lil Pree - I have no inspirations, I just do music, it’s me, and it’s all I got.
Why do I want to pursue a music career? Because it’s a way out of the hood

Krook- What inspires me to do music and why do I pursue a music career? Because I want to buy 100lbs of weed but it got to be exotic, and I want to be rich and famous.

J Francis- What inspires me to do music? I grew up in an area where all you hear is different types of music. From early in the morning when I woke up I was hearing salsa maranga all in my neighborhood. I don't know, but it always was music, and I always had the passion for it and I wanted to be part of it..
What makes me want to pursue a musical career? It’s something that I love. I actually started to do it as a hobby, it’s a way that I can express myself and it makes me want to pursue it more...

MiizNaeBadd - My inspiration is my son. Being a single mom my struggles, the things I've been through.... I'm still going through.
Why music as a career? Because nobody thinks I can...  I want my life to be heard for the people out there who can relate to it. I want to show people you can do anything you put your heart too, and

Mz C.O.A.- What inspires me to do music? To give people a chance to see that you don't have to look a certain way or have a certain background to the music. Music comes from your soul and out your mouth through lyrics. The determination from my parents to see me succeed in the music industry also has a big influence as well.

How we came together? Hmm, me and Krook, always been pursuing this, and then G-fat came along... and Jblow. But I always welcome family with open arms like my cousin Tiyanna. Tripple C, he's like my brother so he's been with me too. But as for other members, Santana Brown aka Mz C.O.A. is actually a singer, and I've written some hooks for her, but one night before we went to bed, I was like, spit something for me... and she was like nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo! I don't know how to rap, and I was like just try. So she closed her eyes, and I put on a drake beat, and she went for it... I was amazed. It gave me some ideas too. MiizNaeBadd, is also a singer, but... I told her the same thing; let me hear you spit... "EPIC FAIL" but... her drive, and her passion to be the best..drove her to be lyrical. And now...she goes hard! Jfrancis, me and him went to high school together. We always played around with music free-styling and writing. Last year we hit each other up on Facebook and he was like he's still doing music, and I told him that we need to link up and when he got down here, I wanted him to be in the group...and he came...and we conquered. I also added others to the GLMGMG family such as,Charles "Chewy G" Williams, Modesty "Queen" Jackson, Anthony "Shawty Ant" Brown, Whitney "K.O." Lauren, Amber "Baby Phatz" Jones, Shandrika "Mz Yella" Parnell, Charlotte "Miz Judy" Brown, and Ashley Pearl.

Christina Roman, "Lady C'" we met each other through Facebook. We would hit each other up every so often and sometimes I would call and check up on her and see how she was doing in the Chi.  I noticed that she didn't have any recorded songs, so my intentions were to send her on of my extra laptops with the recording software on it. Before I could even do that, thanksgiving night of 2011, she hit me up and told me that she had gotten kicked out of her aunt’s house, and she was just outside. I'm thinking to myself, its super cold down here in South Carolina, so I know its stupid freezing in the Chi. so she had to make a decision. I asked her did she wanna make the move and start recording with the team, and she told me yes, I asked her was she sure. And she said YESSSS! LOL. So I sent her a bus ticket and moved her down here....

Me, TreJuan "So Gucci" Brown- My inspirations are all the names I mentioned before mine. My team inspires me to keep going, to keep pushing, to push it to the limit so that we may excel and exceed all expectations. It’s so many people that think that we are going to fail. But Philippians 4:13 says, “I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.” & with him on our side we also can do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we may ask or think. But most importantly the eyes of my little girl, Analee.

Why do I wanna pursue a music career? Because, I want Pree to be able to buy his mama a mansion and splurge and do anything everything he has ever wanted to do, I want Lady C to be able to finally have the world as her audience to tell her story too, I want Miiz Nae to put her son thru college and live life with no worries, i want Jfrancis to be able provide an even better life for his family, because I want Santana to be the woman that inspired her siblings to be great, and so her little brother Sam can tell all his friends, that's my beautiful sister on television; so her and I can walk the red carpet together.  I want my brother Krook to be able to provide for my niece && one day to look me in my eyes while on stage at the BET AWARDS and say, "BRUH WE MADE IT!"

CHECK THEM OUT 






No comments:

Post a Comment